Third year of our Bachelor Tourism Management is divided into two semesters: one semester of courses in France with the choice of a speciality (Wine Tourism, Hotel & Restaurant Management & Development of Tourism Products & Services) and a 5 months work placement (additional information here). Specialization will allow you to complete your knowledge, sharpen your expertise and focus towards the most appropriate jobs for you.
Situated right at the frontier between cultural and gastronomic tourism, wine tourism regroups all of the services dealing with stays in wine growing areas. With 10 000 wine cellars visited each year and 10 millions tourists in vineyards (among which 39% are international tourists), wine tourism represents a huge economic potential and a real challenge for global touristic attractiveness. Registered right at the heart of this issue, this specialization will deliver, additional to a training full of experiences, all the skills you will need to evolve in this growing sector. A few examples of the courses included:
Knowledge of the wine sector and Champagne heritage
Champagne and Luxury brand strategy
Wine-tourism products designer: He/she creates a touristic product around wine (tours, stays...) and coordinates the different steps from the conception, integration of the product in the system to the placement on the market. He/she negotiates with providers, figures out sales terms and participates in the conception of communication tools.
Wine-tourism Development Officer: He/she creates, promotes and hosts receptions inside a given territory: engineering, project development, animations, hosting, sales and services organizations, communication on exploitation of a company and of the wine-growing territory.
Touristic promotion officer: He/she designs or participates in projects to enhance a local territory: tours, visits or leisure structures adaptation, sites, festivals, shows enhancement... to increase attractiveness and tourism flows.
Supported by some of the most prestigious partners as Champagne Devaux and Symboles de France, we give you the opportunity to enjoy an experience on par with the most beautiful french touristic services. For 3 days, you will discover the backstage of the most prestigious Champagne houses, their domains, vineyards and cellars. You will visit their partners’ premises and work on packaging and upgrading of their products. The program is: the art of tasting, matching food and wine, Reception organization in high quality resorts.
Managing an hotel establishment or a restaurant requires specific technical and managerial skills. This specialization is aimed to people who wish to become part of this sector and gain an advantage on others thanks to a solid knowledge of this world. A few courses example:
- Front Office Manager: He/she organises, manages and lead all the activities linked to the hosting quality of customers, the booking department and the janitorial service (planning, activity projections, encashment and management of the customers accounts)
- Sales Manager: He/she defines and apply a commercial policy to grow the market shares of a company. He/she’s in charge of commercializing different retail outlet, marketing actions and customers follow-up...
- Event Manager: designs, leads and coordinates the creation and the setting up of events. He/she is the interface between the customer and the teams and intervenes in each and every steps of the projects.
Generalist or specialized, tourism and travel companies have a vocation to make people move during their leisure time. For years, companies in this sector havent’t stop to develop and now have to master new skills to answer new requirements from their customers. Our specialization will give you the opportunity to acquire a perfect knowledge of this industry and aim at training futur innovative and operational executives. A few courses examples:
- Branch Manager: He/she supervises all the activities of his/her projects centre. He/she makes sure that the network policy will be respected, ensure the customers will be welcomed correctly and that the service will be a service of quality. He/she’s a force for bringing forward proposals to continually improve the service.
- Product Manager: He/she’s responsible for a product and/or services offer, for which he/ she manages the development (packaging, new destinations...) and its deployment to the sales force.
- Yield Manager: His/ her mission is to optimise the sales revenue, the fill rate and the average price of the establishment. he/she defines the price policy of the hotel, identifies new opportunities, participates in the creation of new commercial offers and manages their setting up.